Wednesday 5 June 2013

Lovely Louis - the first 'Item Of My Week"


This striking dress by the French Designer Louis Feraud is the my very first 'Item of My Week'! Congratulations to Louis, sadly not around any more (1921-1999) but of course he left behind an abundance of beautiful clothing.From the mid-1950s he was dressing the Parisian elite and designed the wardrobe of Brigitte Bardot for many of her movies (read my previous posts for one on the Bardot beauty). And so this stunning silk printed dress will be on sale at the Barboot event this Friday and I cannot imagine I will be going home with it, goodbye I will miss you! It is hard sometimes to part with my some of my treasures but I do love to find the right person for the items, like finding Cinderella over and over again! I do however own a few pieces by Feraud and I am always looking for more to add to my collection. I promise I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment